Riverside Out Of State DUI's And Tickets Lawyer

If you are an out-of-state driver that has been arrested for DUI or received a ticket in the Riverside area, contact a Riverside DUI attorney to help you resolve your case. Both a DUI case and a traffic ticket will follow out of state drivers into their home states.

The state of California reports traffic violations and tickets to all 50 states and Canada. The California traffic ticket violation will be posted to your record and treated just as if you received the ticket in your home state. If you have questions about how your home state will handle a specific traffic violation, contact the DMV in your state.

Being arrested for DUI with an out-of-state license will spring the same two processes that would result in your home state---a court proceeding and a DMV proceeding.

At the time of the arrest, one of two things should have happened. If you are an out-of-state driver but a California resident, the police should have confiscated your license and given you a temporary license valid for 30 days. If you were merely an out-of-state driver visiting the state and a non-California resident, the arresting officer should have given you a notice of a license suspension to drive in California beginning 30 days after your arrest.

A Riverside DUI attorney can help you petition the DMV to reinstate your license as well as represent you in criminal court. Non-state offenders should note that an out-of-state DUI conviction is considered a priorable offense in most states. What this means is that if you are convicted of a DUI in California and then are convicted of DUI again in your home state, the California conviction can be used to increase your punishment.

If you are an out-of-state driver facing any traffic charges in the Riverside area, contact the Riverside DUI attorney for an immediate consultation regarding your case.